Sunday, November 4, 2012

10/25/12 - Matthew 18

S - Matthew 18:7 - "Woe to the world for temptations to sin!  For it is necessary that temptations come, but woe to the one by whom the temptation comes!  8 And if your hand or your foot causes you to sin, cut it off and throw it away.  It is better for you to enter life crippled or lame than with two hands or two feet to be thrown into the eternal fire.  9 And if your eye causes you to sin, tear it out and throw it away,  It is better for you to enter life with one eye than with two eyes to be thrown into the hell of fire.

O - My child whom I love, today I want to tell you . . . watch out for the evil one.  He comes in many shapes and forms and in many disguises.  He will tempt you to sin with things that look good.  They look fun and exciting and they will entice you, but they are sin and they will draw you away from me.  Do not fall for the lies that it is OK, you just have to ask for forgiveness later.  That is still sin and it will hamper  your relationship with me.

A - I must refrain from listening to the lies of the devil when he comes and tempts me.  The things that he tempts me with seem very enticing and fun.  Yet they are only fun for the moment, then, when I realize that I have sinned, I feel the guilt and shame.  If I would just stay in constant communication with my Lord and speak to him about those temptations, he would help me to not give in.

P - Heavenly Father, forgive me for the times when I have given in to the temptations of the world.  Forgive me of my sins of not listening to you.  Help me to be strong when it comes to temptations.  Help me to come to you and talk things over with you when I feel the pull of the old world coming at me.

No comments:

Post a Comment