Wednesday, November 7, 2012

10/29/12 - Luke 12 - 13

S - Luke 12:22 - And he said o his disciples, "Therefore I tell you, do not be anxious about your life, what you will eat, nor about your body, what you will put on.  23 For life is more than food, and the body more than clothing.  24 Consider the ravens:  they neither sow nor reap, they have neither storehouses nor barn, and yet God feeds them.  Of how much more value are you than the birds!  25 And which of you by being anxious can ass a single hour to his span of life?  26 If then you are not able to do as small a thing as that, why are you anxious about the rest?  27 Consider the lilies, how they grow:  they neither toil nor spin, yet I tell you, even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these.  28 But if God so clothes the grass, which is alive in the field today, and tomorrow is thrown into the oven, how much more will he clothe you, O you of little faith!  29 And do not seek what you are to eat and what you are to drink, nor be worried.  30 For all the nations of the world seek after these things, and your Father knows that you need them.  31 Instead, seek his kingdom, and these things will be added to you.

O - My child whom I love, today I want to tell you . . . do not worry!  So, the election did not turn out the way that you thought it would.  So, the money does not look like it will last the month.  So, there are things that you did not get done.  Just remember, I have everything under control.  I am in charge.  I raise up kings and I depose kings.  And I am in charge of your presidency.  All you need to do is worry about your eternal soul.  Seek after the things of my world.  Seek after my kingdom.  Seek after me!  And lead others to do the same.  That is what your life is to be about, not anything to do with the president of your country.  My country is far greater than his and you are a part of my country.  Don't ever forget that.

A - I must not concern myself with the things of this world.  I must only concern myself with the things that my Lord has laid in front of me.  I must do my job and not worry about what is going to happen to it.  I must work as though I am working for the Lord, because, really, that is what I am doing.  If things crumble around me, so be it.  At least I know who is in charge of my life.  And his kingdom is far greater than anything anyone could ever establish on this earth.

P - Heavenly Father, forgive me for my worries.  Forgive me for not trusting in you to put things right.  I know that you are in charge of everything and you reign supreme.  Help me to focus my energies on the things that I can do here on earth while I am here.  Help me to become the best teacher that I can be, with your help.  Give me the grace to carry myself as your Son did while he was on earth.  Give me the love for people that He had.  Help me to focus on the things that He would focus on if he were here with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment