Saturday, November 3, 2012

10/24/12 - Matthew 17; Mark 9

S - Mark 9:42 - "Whoever causes one of these little ones who believer in me to sin, it would be better for him if a great millstone were hung around his neck and he were thrown into the sea.  43 And if your hand causes you to sin, cut it off.  It is better for you to enter life crippled than with two hands to go to hell, to the unquenchable fire.  45 And if your foot causes you to sin, cut it off.  It is better for you to enter life lame than with two feet to be thrown into hell.  47 And if your eye causes you to sin, tear it out.  It is better for you to enter the kingdom of God with one eye than with two eyes to be thrown into hell,  48 'where their worm does not die and the fire is not quenched.'  49 For everyone will be salted with fire.  50 Salt is good, but if the salt has lost its saltiness, how will you make it salty again?  Have salt in yourselves, and be at peace with one another."

O - My child whom I love, today I want to tell you . . . be salty!  And continue to be salty.  Watch the things that you do.  Do not let any one of your parts cause you to sin.  Adhere to my commands and watch yourself.  Be careful that the things that you do do not cause another one to stumble.  I want you with me someday and I want to see all the people that you are bringing with you here also.

A - To remain effective as a disciple of the Lord, to remain salty, means to continue to read the word, to continue to meet with him one-on-one each day, and to listen to his commands and obey them.  I must maintain a constant open communication between myself and my God.

P - Heavenly Father, forgive me for those times when I put you on the sidelines and try to do things on my own.  Forgive me for not continuing to come to you each and every day.  Help me to not lose my saltiness for you.  Help me to continue to seek you out each day and to listen to your commands and obey them.

No comments:

Post a Comment