Friday, November 16, 2012

11/07/12 - Matthew 22; Mark 12

S - Mark 12:41 - And he sat down opposite the treasury and watched the people putting money into the offering box.  Many rich people put in large sums.  42 And  poor widow came and put in two small copper coins, which make a penny.  43 And he called his disciples to him and said to them, "Truly, I say to you, this poor widow has put in more than all those who are contributing to the offering box.  44 For they all contributed out of their abundance, but she out of her poverty has put in everything she had, all she had to live on."

O - My child whom I love, today I want to tell you . . . what do you think this woman was thinking when she put the last of her money into the offering box?  It was all she had but she gave it to me.  She was able to do that because she trusted in me.  She believed that by giving her all to me she was showing that she trusted me to provide for her needs.  I will take care of such people.  You are not poor and I do not want more of your money than necessary.  What I want from you is your ALL.  I want your job, I want your finances, I want your family, I want your talents and skills. I want you to dedicate them all to me and allow me to take care of you and use you for what I have planned for you.  Are you willing to give it all up for me?

A - I must be willing to give up everything I have to follow Jesus, my Lord and Savior.  I must give to him my everything.  I must trust that by turning it all over to him, he will take care of me and provide for me.

P - Heavenly Father, I relinquish into your hands everything that I am, everything that I have, and everything that you would have me become.  I trust you to take care of me and provide for me.  I want to be a follower of yours and to trust in you for my future.  I want to do what you want me to do.  Please lead me into the future and show me where you would have me.

No comments:

Post a Comment