Tuesday, November 27, 2012

11/15/12 - Matthew 27; Mark 15

S - Mark 15:16 - And the soldiers led him away inside the palace (that is, the governor's headquarters), and they called together the whole battalion.  17 And they clothed him in a purple cloak, and twisting together a crown of thorns, they put it on him.  18 And they began to salute him, "Hail, King of the Jews!"  19 And they were striking his head with a reed and spitting on him and kneeling down in homage to him.  20 And when they had mocked him, they stripped him of the purple cloak and put his own clothes on him.  And they led him out to crucify him.

O - My child whom I love, today I want to tell you . . . do you also mock me?  Do you also spit on me?  Are you one of the ones laughing and hitting me?  When you sin, I feel the slap in my face.  When you lie, I hear you laughing at me.  When you deliberately commit sin and then do not ask for forgiveness, I feel the reed hitting my head.  The price I paid was for you.  The death I died was in place of you.  Do you really appreciate it?  Do you really accept it as your redemption?  There are many who do not believe that I did this, or that I did it for them.  Are you one of those?  Or will you accept my free gift of life, paid for by my death?

A - Wow!  Every time I sin, it is a slap in my saviors face.  Every time I lie, it is laughter in his ears as he stands there before his accusers.  Every time I am unwilling to forgive someone, I am twisting the nails in his wrists and his feet.  Every time I gossip, or repeat dirty jokes or stories, I am sinking the thorns deeper into his skull.  This just makes me think that it really was for me that he went through all of that.  And if it was for me alone, and no one else, he still would have done it.  So, what is my reaction going to be.  Do I accept his free gift of salvation and live my life for him, or do I spit in his face, like the rest of the people did that day?

P - Heavenly Father, thank you for sending your Son to live on this earth as a man and to die on the cross for my sins.  Thank you for the price you paid so that I might have eternal life with you.  I confess to you that I am a sinner.  I have committed many sins and will continue to do so as long as I life here on earth.  I repent of my sins and I turn away from that life.  Forgive me of my sins and cleanse me.  I thank you for the free gift of salvation that you offer me, and I accept it willingly, and I thank you for the price that it cost you.

No comments:

Post a Comment