Wednesday, November 28, 2012

11/16/12 - Luke 23; John 18 - 19

S - John 18: 25 - Now Simon Peter was standing and warming himself.  So they said to him, "You also are not one of his disciples, are you?"  He denied it and said, "I am not."  26 One of the servants of the high priest, a relative of the man whose ear Peter had cut off, asked, "Did I not see you in the garden with him?"  27 Peter again denied it, and at once a rooster crowed.

O - My child whom I love, today i want to tell you . . . how often do you deny me?  It is so easy to say that you don't know me.  That saves any more questions about me and it won't embarrass you I know.  Are you not proud of knowing me?  Do you not want others to know me?  Will you continue to deny me to your friends and relatives, or will you announce boldly that, "Yes, I am a disciple of Jesus!"

A - I will tell anyone I know that I am a disciple of Jesus.  I want to follow him to the cross.  I want to live my life to please him.  I do not want to deny him any more.

P - Heavenly Father, forgive me for the times when I have denied knowing you.  Forgive me for my sins of neglect.  Help me to have the courage to follow you anywhere you ask me to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment