Sunday, November 11, 2012

11/02/12 - Luke 18

S - Luke 18:1 - And he told them a parable to the effect that they ought always to pray and not lose heart.  2 He said, "In a certain city there was a judge who neither feared God nor respected man.  3 And there was a widow in that city who kept coming to him and saying, 'Give me justice against my adversary.'  4 For a while he refused, but afterward he said to himself, 'Though I neither fear God nor respect man,  5 yet because this widow keeps bothering me, I will give her justice, so that she will not beat me down by her continual coming,'"  6 And the Lord said, "Hear what the unrighteous judge says.  7 And will not God give justice to his elect, who cry to him day and night?  Will he delay long over them?  8 I tell you, he will give justice to them speedily.  Nevertheless, when the Son of Man comes, will he find faith on earth?"
13 But the tax collector, standing far off, would not even lift up his eyes to heaven, but beat his breast, saying, "God, be merciful to me, a sinner!"  14 I tell you, this man went down to his house justified, rather than the other.  For everyone who exalts himself will be humbled, but the one who humbles himself will be exalted."

O - My child whom I love, today I want to tell you . . . PRAY!  Pray without ceasing!  Pray always, pray often.  And don't worry about whether your prayers will be answered.  I know that sometimes you don't answer people, but I, your heavenly Father would not think of not answering your prayer.  Your prayers will be answered and they will be answered, not 'in due time,' but speedily!  Bur remember to be humble in your prayers and be persistent in your asking.  Your heavenly Father knows what you need and what you want, and the difference between the two and your answer will be a no sometimes.  Accept it because I know what is best for you and I know how I want to bless you, and it is not always in the ways that you think.

A - I must remember to pray daily!  I must be all about prayer throughout the day.  I must come to the Father in prayer when I lay down to go to bed.  I must seek his wisdom and guidance when I wake up in the morning.  And I must continually petition him for the things that I need.  

P - Heavenly Father, thank you for the promises in your word that you will answer my prayers.  Forgive me for not seeking you out regularly.  Continue to remind me that you do know what I need and you do know what is best for me and you will answer my prayers.  Help me to be diligent and persistent in my praying.  Thank you for all of the answers to prayers that you have given already and thank you for always answering my prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment