Tuesday, November 6, 2012

10/28/12 - Luke 10

S - Luke 10:38 - Now as they went on their way, Jesus entered a village.  And a woman named Martha welcomed him into her house.  39 And she had a sister called Mary, who sat at the Lord's feet and listened to his teaching.  40 But Martha was distracted with much serving.  And she went up to him and said, "Lord, do you not car that my sister has left me to serve alone?  Tell her then to help me."  41 But the Lord answered her, "Martha, Martha, you are anxious and troubled about many things,  42 but one thing is necessary.  Mary has chosen the good portion, which will not be taken away from her."

O - My child whom I love, today I want to tell you . . . are you distracted by many things?  Are you finding yourself pulled from spending time with me because of work, or family, or any other things that are less important.  Take the time to spend with me.  Listen to my teaching, ask me questions, share your troubles with me, cry on my shoulder, and just lean on me in general.  Your other time will then be much more fruitful.  You will find your attitude will be better and your time will be well spent.  Take the time each day and make your day that much better by inviting me to spend it with you.

A - I must remember to spend quality time with my Lord each morning.  Sit at his feet, listen to his teaching, and ask questions of him.  This makes for a great day.  

 P - Heavenly Father, forgive me for the times when I am too busy to spend time with you.  Help me to remember to take the time to spend it with you each morning.  Help me day go even better than I could imagine, with you walking by my side.  

No comments:

Post a Comment