Monday, November 19, 2012

11/08/12 - Matthew 23; Luke 20 - 21


S - Matthew 23:25 - "Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites!  For you clean the outside of the cup and the plate, but inside they are full of greed and self-indulgence.  26 You blind Pharisee!  First clean te inside of the cup and the plate, that the outside also may be clean.  27 "Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites!  For you are like whitewashed tombs, which outwardly appear beautiful, but within are full of dead people's bones and all uncleanness.  28 So you also outwardly appear righteous to others, but within are full of hypocrisy and lawlessness.

O - My child whom I love, today I want to tell you . . . do not be like the Pharisees and the scribes.  Be the same person on the inside as you portray on the outside.  Do not hide sin in your heart and portray righteousness on the outside.  Be real to the people that you deal with.  Ask for forgiveness when you have sinned and sin no more.  

A - I must be true to the person that I am.  I must portray on the outside the same person that I am on the inside.  If I want to be a righteous person, I must be righteous on the inside as well as portray it on the outside.

P - Heavenly Father, forgive me for my secret sins.  Help me to be wholesome on the inside and on the outside.  Help me to wash the inside that the outside of my person would be clean as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment