Monday, November 12, 2012

11/03/12 - Matthew 19; Mark 10

S - Matthew 19:13 - Then children were brought to him that he might lay his hands on them and pray.  The disciples rebuked the people,  14 but Jesus said, "Let the little children come to me and do not hinder them, for to such belongs the kingdom of heaven."  15 And he laid his hands on them and went away.
Mark 10:13 And they were bringing children to him that he might touch them, and the disciples rebuked them.  14 But when Jesus saw it, he was indignant and said to them, "Let the children come to me; do not hinder them, for to such belongs the kingdom of God.  15 Truly I say to you, whoever does not receive the kingdom of God like a child shall not enter it."  16 And he took them in his arms and blessed them, laying his hands on them.

O - My child whom I love, today I want to tell you . . . be a child.  Have the faith of a child.  Jump into my arms the way a child jumps into the arms of her daddy from a branch or other high place, trusting that he will catch her.  Have faith that I will catch you, from where ever you are falling.  Don't get so wrapped up in worldly things, your job, your finances, etc. that you don't have time to do come childish things once in a while.  Just have fun in me.

A - It is so easy to get wrapped up in the things of this world and just lose sight of Jesus.  He is just waiting for us to stop our busyness and look to him for some rest and relaxation in his arms.  I must take the time to just leave all of my work behind and spend time with Jesus from time to time.

P - Heavenly Father, forgive me for those days when I get so wrapped up in my work that I don't make time for you.  Help me to always remember to take some time and spend it with you each day.  

No comments:

Post a Comment