Sunday, November 4, 2012

10/26/12 - John 7 - 8

S - John 7:14 - About the middle of the feast Jesus went up into the temple and began teaching.  15 The Jews therefore marveled, saying, "How is it that this man has learning, when he has never studied?"  16 So Jesus answered them, "My teaching is not mine, but his who sent me.  17 If anyone's will is to do God's will, he will know whether the teaching is from God or whether I am speaking on my own authority.  18 The one who speaks on his own authority seeks his own glory; but the one who seeks the glory of him who sent him is true, and in him there is no falsehood.

O - My child whom I love, today I want to tell you . . . speak with authority when you speak of the Father and of the Son.  I will give you the words to speak so you know that they are true.  You have been studying so you know the word.  Study more so that when you are questioned, you will know how to answer.  And don't worry about what you will say.  I will give you the right words to say to anyone who questions you.  But you must continue to be in the word regularly and  you must continue to seek me out and speak with me and listen to me.

A - I must continue to read the word regularly and speak with the Father on a regular basis.  I must become knowledgeable as much as I can about the word of God, so that when I am questioned, I can speak with authority as Jesus did when he was on earth.  I will never have the authority that he had but he will give me the words to say so I may sound like I have authority.

P - Heavenly Father, fill me with your wisdom.  Give me the words to say to anyone who questions me  about you.  Give me the desire to continue to be in the word and speaking with you, so that I might have the wisdom to answer those people.

No comments:

Post a Comment