Wednesday, November 14, 2012

11/05/12 - Luke 19

S - Luke 19:1 - He entered Jericho and was passing through.  2 And behold, there was a man named Zacchaeus.  He was a chief tax collector and was rich.  3 And he was seeking to see who Jesus was, but on account of the crowd he could not, because he was small in stature.  4 So he ran on ahead and climbed up into a sycamore tree to see him, for he was about to pass that way.  5 And when Jesus came to the place, he looked up and said to him, "Zacchaeus, hurry and come down, for I must stay at your house today."  6 So he huttied and came down and received him joyfully.  7 And when they saw it, they all grumbled, "He has gone in to be the guest of a man who is a sinner."

O - My child whom I love, today I want to tell you . . . I am coming to your house today.  I want to come in and spend some time with you.  You don't have to run home and clean it up.  You don't have to order food or prepare anything.  You just have to allow me in to spend time with you, that is all that I want.  I will come in and do the cleaning if you want me to.  I will take care of everything.  Just open the door so that I can come in.

A - Jesus doesn't want us to prepare our homes for him to come into them.  he wants us to let him in so he can clean them out.  He is not judgmental at all.  He will take out the trash and dump it without going through it and judging us for all of the things that we have done that are not right.  If we will just let him come in and then give him complete reign over our lives he will take care of everything.  That is what I want to do.  I am releasing my entire life to him so he can rule in it.

P - Heavenly Father, forgive me for not allowing you total control over my life.  Help me to have the courage to turn over everything to you and let you control it.  I release it all into your hands right now.  

No comments:

Post a Comment