Thursday, November 8, 2012

10/30/12 - Luke 14 - 15

S - Luke 14:7 - Now he told a parable to those who were invited, when he noticed how they chose the places of honor, saying to them,  8 "When you are invited by someone to a wedding feast, do not sit down in a place of honor, lest someone more distinguished than you be invited by him,  9 and he who invited you both will come and say to you, 'Give your place to this person,' and then you will begin with shame to take he lowest place.  10 But when you are invited, go and sit in the lowest place, so that when your host comes he may say to you, 'Friend, move up higher.'  Then you will be honored in the presence of all who sit at table with you.  11 For everyone who exalts himself will be humbled, and he who humbles himself will be exalted."

O - My child whom I love, today I want to tell you . . . take the place of humility.  And don't be discouraged if the person in charge does not notice you and ask you to move up.  Accept that place of humility with pride and will class.  You are not above anyone, not should you try to move yourself above anyone.   But if you are invited to move up, accept that with class and be honored that they did ask you to move.  But do not think of yourself more highly than you should.  Be humble in all things, and be proud of whose you are, mine.

A - I must abolish pride in my self from my life.  I am nothing more than what my Father has made me. Nothing of what I have done or have become is due to me.  It is all because of the blessings of my Lord and Savior.  I must accept the lowest spot and be happy there, even if I do not move up.

P - Heavenly Father, forgive me for my pride in my self.  Forgive me for the times when I acknowledge that I have done something great.  I accept that all that I have and all that I am is yours and because of you.  Help me to have a spirit of humility in all things.

No comments:

Post a Comment