Saturday, November 10, 2012

11/01/12 - John 11

S - John 11:21 - Martha said to Jesus, "Lord, if you had been here, my brother would not have died.  2 But even now I know that whatever you ask from God, God will give you."  23 Jesus said to her, "Your brother will rise again."  24 Martha said to him, "I know that he will rise again in the resurrection on the last day."  25 Jesus said to her, "I am the resurrection and the life.  Whoever believes in me, though he die, yet shall he live,  26 and everyone who lives and believes in me shall never die.  Do you believe this?"  27 She said to him, "Yes, Lord; I believe that you are the Christ, the Son of God, who is coming into the world."  28 When she had said this, she went and called her sister Mary, saying in private, "The Teacher is here and is calling for you."  29 And when she heard it, she rose quickly and went to him.  30 Now Jesus had not yet come into the village, but was still in the place where Martha had met him.  31 When the Jews who were with her in the house, consoling here, saw Mary rise quickly and go out, they followed her, supposing that she was going to the tomb to weep there.  32 Now when Mary came to where Jesus was and saw him, she fell at his feet, saying to him, "Lord, if you had been here, my brother would not have died."

O - My child whom I love, today I want to tell you . . . Mary and Martha both believed. . . to some degree.  They said, ". . . if you had been here, he would not have died."  But did they believe enough to think, "Now that you are here, he can live again because you can raise him."  They might have been thinking it but they did not have total faith to say it to me on that day.  They knew after the fact.  Do you have the faith to put your total trust in me.  do you have faith to let me control your entire life, from your checking account to your wayward children to your job to your house, even to your future.  Trust in me and I will never, never let you down.  My timing is perfect and I really do know what is best for you, even more than you do.  So, sit back and let me take control of everything.

A - Wow, that is a strong command from my Lord.  I know in my heart that he has everything under control.  But my head wants to retain some control, just in case.  I must relinquish that to him now, because there will never be a 'just in case' where I will need to have control.  The sooner I realize that I should be giving it all to him, especially for the 'just in case,' he will control things way better than I could ever even imagine.

P - Heavenly Father, I relinquish control of my entire life to you right now.  I want to be able to say more than, "If you had been here. . ."  I want to be able to say, "Now that you are here . . ."  and trust you to run my life totally.  I know that you always have my best interests in mind in everything.  Take charge of it all right now and lead me on.

No comments:

Post a Comment