Friday, October 5, 2012

09/26/12 - Esther 1 - 5

S - Esther 4:12 - And they told Mordecai what Esther had said.  13 Then Mordecai told them to reply to Esther, "Do not think to yourself that in the king's palace you will escape any more than all the other Jews.  14 For if you keep silent at this time, relief and deliverance will rise for the Jews from another place, but you and your father's house will perish.  And who knows whether you have not come to the kingdom for such a time as this?"  15 Then Esther told them to reply to Merdecai,  16 "Go, gather all the Jews to be found in Susa, and hold a fast on my behalf, and do not eat or drink for three days, night or day.  I and my young women will also fast as you do. Then I will go to the king, though it is against the law, and if I perish, I perish."  17 Mordecai then went away and did everything as Esther had ordered him.

O - My child whom I love, today I want to tell you . . . you are in the position that you are in so that you might serve me in that place.  What I am asking of you is that you follow my commands, live in such way that people know that you belong to me.  Serve me gladly.  Do your job as if you were doing it for me.  Do not do the things that the world does.  Be in the world, but not of it.

A - I must serve the Lord where I am.  I have been put in my position as teacher and PLC leader "for such a time as this."  I am not sure what that time is or what I am supposed to do but I want to serve him all the same.  I must obey the commands that I read in the Bible and live my life according to his Word.  I must continue to come to him daily to listen for his commands.

P - Heavenly Father, thank you for the position that you have put me in.  Help me to serve you gladly in that position.  Speak to me on a regular basis and let me know how I may serve you in my school.

No comments:

Post a Comment