Monday, October 29, 2012

10/20/12 - Matthew 14; Mark 6; Luke 9


S - Matthew 14: 25 And in the fourth watch of the night he came to them, walking on the sea.  26 But when the disciples saw him walking on the sea, they were terrified, and said, "It is a ghost!" and they cried out in fear.  27 But immediately Jesus spoke to them saying, "Take heart; it is I.  Do not be afraid."  28 And Peter answered him, "Lord, if it is you, command me to come to you on the water."  29 he said, "Come."  So Peter got out of the boat and walked on the water and came to Jesus.  30 But when he saw the wind, he was afraid, and beginning to sink he cried out, "Lord, save me."  31 Jesus immediately reached out his hand and took hold of him, saying to him, "O you of little faith, why did you doubt?"  32 And when they got into the boat, the wind ceased.  33 And those in the boat worshiped him, saying, "Truly you are the Son of God."

O - My child whom I love, today I want to tell you . . . get out of your boat!  Have faith in me that you can do the things that you do not believe that you can do.  Trust in me.  Look into my face, have faith and get out of the boat and do miraculous things.

A - I'm not exactly sure what this is referring to but I know that I must rely on Jesus to take care of me.  I know that he has my finances in his hand.  I know that he has my family in his hand.  I know that he controls my job, my relationships, and my health.  If I just trust in him and live my life with my face towards him.  I know that I will be fine.

P - Heavenly Father, forgive me for the times when I doubt you.  Forgive me for the time when I look into the wind and get afraid.  Help me to keep my focus on you.  And give me the faith to rely fully on you for everything in my life, from my health and finances to my job and my family.  Thank you for the promises in your word that you will always take care of me.

No comments:

Post a Comment