Saturday, October 13, 2012

10/03/12 - Malachi 1 - 4

S - Malachi 4:1 - "For behold, the day is coming, burning like an oven, when all the arrogant and all evil doers will be stubble.  The day that is coming shall set them ablaze, says the Lord of hosts, so that it will leave them neither root nor branch.  2 But for you who fear my name, the sum of righteousness shall rise with healing in its wings.  You shall go out leaping like calves from the stall.  3 And you shall tread down the wicked, for they will be ashes under the soles of your feet, on the day when I act, says the Lord of hosts.

O - My child whom I love, today I want to tell you . . . I will take care of the arrogant and the proud.  I will deal with the evil doers.  I know that it bothers you to see that there are people who are not my children, who are not following my commandments, who do not have a relationship with me, that are becoming successful.  I know that you are trying to remain true to my Word and love me and my ways.  Don't worry about it.  By staying true to me, by following my commandments, you are becoming successful in my eyes.  I will continue to watch over you and take care of you.  I will be your guide and will make sure that your future is secure.  Don't worry about those other people.  Love them as I would, because that is what I would do.  Lead them to me if you can, and I will take care of the rest.

A - I must see to my own relationship with Jesus Christ.  I must make sure that I am following his commandments.  I must make sure that I am living right and doing my own part to take care of me.  When I see those people who do not have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ and are still successful in their current lives, I must not judge them.  When I see people sinning, I must not worry about it.  It is not my responsibility to take care of them.  That is up the the Lord of hosts.  My responsibility is to introduce them to Jesus and let him take it from there.  When people do things against me, my response should be to pray for them and tell them about the Lord.  He will handle it from there.

P - Heavenly Father, forgive me for trying to take things into my own hands when I should just be leaving things up to you.  Help me to learn to ignore those people that tend to make me angry.  Help me to learn to pray for those people that I can tell don't know you.

No comments:

Post a Comment