Wednesday, October 17, 2012

10/07/12 - Matthew 3; Mark 1; Luke 3

S - Matthew 3:11 - "I baptize you with water for repentance, but he who is coming after me is mightier than I, whose sandals I am not worthy to carry.  He will baptize you with the Holy Spirit and fire.
Mark 1:4 - John appeared, baptizing in the wilderness and proclaiming a baptism of repentance for the forgiveness of sins.  5 And all the country of Judea and all Jerusalem were going out to him and were baptized by him in the river Jordan, confessing their sins.  6 Now John was clothed with camel's hair and wore a leather belt around his waist and ate locusts and wild honey.  7 And he preached, saying, "After me comes he who is mightier than I, the strap of whose sandals I am not worthy to stoop down and untie.  8 I have baptized you with water, but he will baptize you with the Holy Spirit."
Luke 3:15 - As the people were in expectation, and all were questioning in their hearts concerning John, whether he might be the Christ,  16 John answered then all, saying, "I baptize you with water, but he who is mightier than I is coming, the strap of whose sandals I am not worthy to untie.  He will baptize you with the Holy Spirit and fire.

O - My child whom I love, today I want to tell you . . . just as John preached the coming of Jesus Christ, the King, so you must be preaching the coming of Jesus Christ, the return.  This time though, the people need to be ready.  There is no second chance this time.  If they are not ready, they do not go with me.  That is why it is so necessary for you to be telling people now that it is really time to repent and be saved of their sins.

A - I must be diligent about telling people what I am about.  I must continue to tell people that Christ is going to return to take those of us that have a personal relationship with him back to heaven with him.  Those that do not will not be saved from the eternal doom that has been planned from before time.  Now is the time to make a decision for Christ.

P - Heavenly Father, forgive me for my apathy where your children are concerned.  I should be proclaiming your word from the mountain tops.  Give me the courage to speak up in my workplace.  Help me to have the boldness to speak your name where ever I go.  

No comments:

Post a Comment