Wednesday, October 10, 2012

10/01/12 - Nehemiah 8 - 10

S - Nehemiah 10:35 - We obligate ourselves to bring the firstfruits of our ground and the firstfruits of all fruit of every tree, tear by year, to the house of the Lord;  36 also to bring to the house of our God, to the priests who minister in the house of our God, the firstborn of our sons and of our cattle, as it is written in the Law, and the firstborn of our herds and of our flocks;  37 and to bring the first of our dough, and our contributions, the fruit of every tree, the wine and the oil, to the priests, to the chambers of the house of our God; and to bring to the Levites the tithes from our ground, for it is the Levites who collect the tithes in all our towns where we labor.

O - My child whom I love, today I want to tell you . . . I want your firstfruits.  I want your tithe to come off of the top of your paycheck.  I want that time in morning when you haven't gotten bogged down with all of the busyness of the day yet.  I want your dedication to me to be so great that you trust me completely to take care of everything else after you have blessed me with that first ten percent.

A - I must give to the Lord my tithe as soon as the paycheck is deposited.  That amount must come out first.  I must trust him and believe that he will make the rest of the paycheck stretch out through the rest of the month.

P - Heavenly Father, forgive me for the times when I have held back because I didn't think I would have enough for the rest of the month.  Forgive me for not trusting in you enough to give you the firstfruits and rely on  you for the rest of the month.  Give me the faith to trust you to provide for me when I give to your work first.

No comments:

Post a Comment