Saturday, October 20, 2012

10/09/12 - John 2 - 4

S - John 2:23 - Now when he was in Jerusalem at the Passover Feast, many believed in his name when they saw the signs that he was doing.  24 But Jesus on his part did not entrust himself to them, because he knew all people  25 and needed no one to bear witness about man, for he himself know what was in man.

O - My child whom I love, today I want to tell you . . . I know the heart of man.  I know what men are thinking.  I know when someone truly believes in me.  I know when someone is doing good because he truly believes in me and wants to serve me and when they are doing it because they are trying to earn something, like their "ticket" into heaven.  If you are serving me because you truly love me and want to follow my commands, then you will develop a personal relationship with me.  If you are just trying to earn your way into heaven, then you will not be going there.  Until your heart is right and your motives are pure, you will not have a relationship with me and will not be able to get into the gates of heaven

A - I must check my motives for everything that I do.  Am I serving the Lord because I want to follow his commands and develop my own personal relationship with him.  Or am I trying to earn something.  I must do the things that I do because of my relationship with Jesus, not expect a relationship because of the things that I do.

P - Heavenly Father, forgive me for the times when my motives were not pure.  Forgive me for the times when I thought I could "buy" your love.  Help me to keep my motives right with you.  Help me to have the desire to serve you because it is what I want to do, not because I want something from you. Thank you for all of the blessings that you have given me, blessing that I do not deserve.

No comments:

Post a Comment