Monday, October 15, 2012

10/05/12 - Matthew 1; Luke 2


S - Matthew 1:22 - All this took place to fulfill what the Lord had spoken by the prophet:  23 "Behold, the virgin shall conceive and bear a son, and they shall call his name Immanuel!" (which means, God with us).

Luke 2:25 - Now there was a man in Jerusalem, whose name was Simeon, and this man was righteous and devout, waiting for the consolation of Israel, and the Holy Spirit was upon him.  26 And it had been revealed to him by the Holy Spirit that he would not see death before he had seen the Lord's Christ.  27 And he came in the Spirit into the temple, and when the parents brought in the child Jesus, to do for him according to the custom of the law,  28 he took him up in his arms and blessed God and said,  29 "Lord, now you are letting your servant depart in peace, according to your word;  30 for my eyes have seen your salvation  31 that you have prepared in the presence of all peoples,  32 a light for revelation to the Gentiles, and for glory to your people Israel."  33 And his father and his mother marveled at what was said about him.  34 And Simeon blessed them and said to Mary his mother, "Behold, this child is appointed for the fall and rising of many in Israel, and for a sign that is opposed  35 (and a sword will pierce through your own soul also), so that thoughts from many hearts may be revealed."

O - My child whom I love, today I want to tell you . . . I have spoken the world into being.  I have given it life and have predicted the rise and fall of mankind.  I have put many prophecies into my Word.  If you will study it, you will find many treasures.  I promise that you will grow in me and will learn many things that you will marvel at.  Dig into it and don't stop until you see me face to face.  Then I will make all things clear to you.

A - There is so much in the Bible that we do not understand.  We are just to continue reading and learning.  If I will but pray for wisdom and guidance as I read it, I believe that many of those things will become clear to me.  It will draw me closer to Him and give me a better relationship with people around me.

P - Heavenly Father, reveal your mysteries to me as I get into your Word and continue to read.  Help me to understand those things that were written to me.  Help me to continue to grow in you and to increase in my understanding of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment