Sunday, October 21, 2012

10/11/12 - John 5

S - John 5:39 - You search the Scriptures because you think that in them you have eternal life; and it is they that bear witness about me, 40 yet you refuse to come to me that you may have life.  41 I do not receive glory from people.  42 But I know that you do not have the love of God within you.  43 I have come in my Father's name, and you do not receive me.  If another comes in his own name, you will receive him.  44 How can you believe, when you receive glory from one another and do not seek the glory that comes from the only God?

O - My child whom I love, today I want to tell you . . . do not seek glory from man.  Do not do things here on earth to earn yourself earthly rewards.  The only rewards that matter are those that I, your Father in heaven, will give you when this life is over.  Live your life to glorify me, not to please any man here on earth.

A - I must live my life in such a way that my Father in heaven will be proud of me.  I must do things here on earth that will gain me recognition in heaven, not to get rewards here on earth.  I will do what I can to please my heavenly Father in everything that I accomplish while I am living here on earth.

P - Heavenly Father, forgive me for my selfishness.  Forgive me for those times when I have lived to serve me, rather than you.  Help me to have the desire to serve you.  Give me a selfless heart and a willingness to give up everything to serve you to the utmost.

No comments:

Post a Comment