Tuesday, October 16, 2012

10/06/12 - Matthew 2

S - Matthew 2:5 - They told him, "In Bethlehem of Judea, for so it is written by the prophet:  6 "'And you, O Bethlehem, in the land of Judah, are by no means least among the rulers of Judah; for from you shall come a ruler who will shepherd my people Israel.'"
14 And he rose and took the child and his mother by night and departed to Egypt  15 and remained there until the death of Herod.  This was to fulfill what the Lord has spoken by the prophet, "Out of Egypt I called my son."
17 Then was fulfilled what was spoken by the prophet Jeremiah:  18 "A voice was heard in Ramah, weeping and loud lamentation, Rachel weeping for her children; she refused to be comforted, because they are no more."
23 And he went and lived in a city called Nazareth, so that what was spoken by the prophets might be fulfilled, the he would be called a Nazarene.

O - My child whom I love, today I want to tell you . . . I have the whole thing planned out.  If I could plan out my own sons entire birth and life, don't you think that I could plan out yours.  I have known what will happen from before the time when you were born.  And I took care of my son, saving him from being killed by Herod.  Don't you think I can take care of your needs.  Trust in me.  I have everything under control.

A - If Gd can plan his sons birth, save him from being killed by a very powerful king and prophecy things about him, I am sure that my trivial needs are no problem for him.  I just have to turn everything over to him and trust that he will take care of everything.

P - Heavenly Father, forgive me for not trusting in you when I have problems.  Forgive me for my lack of faith.  Help me to trust you with everything.  I now relinquish, into your hands, my finances, my family, and my future.  I trust you to take care of everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment