Wednesday, October 24, 2012

10/15/12 - Matthew 11

S - Matthew 11:25 - At that time Jesus declared, "I thank you, Father, Lord of heaven and earth, that you have hidden these things from the wise and understanding and revealed them to little children;  26 yes, Father, for such was your gracious will.  27 All things have been handed over to me by my Father, and no one knows the Son except the Father, and no one knows the Father except the Son and anyone to whom the Son chooses to reveal him.  28 Come to me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.  29 Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.  30 For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light."

O - My child whom I love, today I want to tell you . . . I know that you are carrying a heavy burden right now.  I know that you are feeling overwhelmed and stressed.  I know what that is like.  I struggled with people who did not appreciate me also.  I fought with people who did not listen.  Believe me, I know what you are feeling right now.  Lay your burden on my back, let me take care of it for you for a while.  I want to take care of you.  I love you and care about you and how you are feeling.  But, at the same time, you are in the process of growing.  Let me stretch you.  Let me refine you.  Please allow me to cover you with my love and let me carry you for a little while.  I know it is a struggle right now, but you won' believe what you will be like when you come through this.  Trust me!

A - While I feel like giving up sometimes, I must just rely on my Heavenly Father to take care of me and rest in his big, loving arms.  He wants what is best for me and would not let me struggle with things that he knew I could not handle.  I know that I am in a learning stage right now.  I know that he is making me stronger through all of this.  Sometimes it is hard to hang on but, at those times, I just have to lay back and let the Father carry me through.  It is not easy but I have to trust him.  He promised that he would never leave me, and I believe him!

P - Heavenly Father, forgive me for those times when I feel like I just can't take it any more and I want to just quit.  Forgive me for not coming to you right away and turning everything over to you at that time.  You know that I am struggling right now.  I turn my struggles over to you this very moment.  I trust you to take care of me and lead me through this time of my life.  I know that you are teaching me a lesson, help me to learn it to the best of my ability.  Help me to learn it well.  Make me stronger than I have ever been before.  Wrap your beautiful arms of love around me and guide me through.  I love you and want to serve you.  Grow me into the man that you want me to be.

1 comment:

  1. Our hearts and minds are aligned. Let's pray this together!

    ReplyDelete