Tuesday, October 9, 2012

09/29/12 - Nehemiah 1 - 5

S - Nehemiah 1:5 - And I said, "O Lord God of heaven, the great and awesome God who keeps covenant and steadfast love with those who love him and keep his commandments,  6 let your ear be attentive and your eyes open, to hear the prayer of your servant that I now pray before you day and night for the people of Israel your servants, confessing the sins of the people of Israel, which we have sinned against you.  Even I and my father's house have sinned.  7 We have acted very corruptly against you and have not kept the commandments, the statutes, and the rules that you commanded your servant Moses.
11 O Lord, let your ear be attentive to the prayer of your servant, and to the prayer of your servants who delight to fear your name, and give success to your servant today, and grant him mercy in the sight of this man."

O - My child whom I love, today I want to tell you . . . I enjoy hearing a prayer like this one.  It makes me glad to hear someone who will come to me humble and confessing the sins of the people.  I know that his heart is right because he is also confessing that he and his father's house have sinned and is begging for forgiveness for them all.  This is the kind of prayer that I want to answer and to bless him.

A - I must continually pray for the nation in which I live.  We have all sinned against God and have not followed the commands of Moses, which were also to us in the form of the Word of God, which includes more than just the commands of Moses.  It includes all of the letters of Paul, Peter, John, and others who wrote on how we should be living.  We have strayed far away from these instructions as a nation and the Lord is punishing us right now.

P - Heavenly Father, God of heaven and earth, the great and awesome God who keeps covenant and steadfast love with those who love him and keep his commandments, let your ear be attentive and your eyes be open, to hear the prayer of your servant that I now pray before you day after day for the people of America.  I confess that we have sinned against you.  We have acted corruptly and continue to act corruptly in spite of the plagues that you continue to allow to happen to our country.  Even I and my father's house have sinned.  O Lord, forgive us now and come to the aid of those who love you.  I pray that your hand of mercy will be on this next election.  I pray that you will work things out the way that you want them to be.  For you raise up kings and you depose kings.  I pray that you will rise up a group  of God fearing men in our government this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment