Sunday, October 28, 2012

10/18/12 - Mark 4 - 5

S - Mark 4:35 - On that day, when evening had come, he said to them, "Let us go across to the other side."  36 And leaving the crowd, they took him with them in the boat, just as he was.  And other boats were with him.  37 And a great windstorm arose, and the waves were breaking into the boat, so that the boat was already filling.  38 But he was in the stern, asleep on the cushion.  And they woke him and said to him, "Teacher, do you not care that we are perishing?"  39 And he awoke and rebuked the wind and said to the sea, "Peace! Be still!"  And the wind ceased, and there was a great calm.  40 He said to them, "Why are you so afraid?  Have you still no faith?"  41 And they were filled with great fear and said to one another, "Who then is this, that even the wind and the sea obey him?"

O - My child whom I love, today I want to tell you . . . when the storms of this life hit you, don't worry.  I am here to help you.  All you have to do is ask.  Have faith in and trust that I can calm the wind and the sea.  You know who I am so it should not amaze or confuse you when I make the wind stop and the seas calm.  But you do have to call on me and ask me to take care of things for me.  I will be resting in the stern, just come get me when things get a little rough.

A - Jesus is always with me.  He is there watching over things, even when it seems that he isn't or that he doesn't care.  He wants to take care of me but he wants me to come to him and ask him to help me.  I must remember to come to him whenever I am feeling like the storms of this life are going to overwhelm me.  

P - Heavenly Father, forgive me for the times when I forget that you are there with me.  Forgive me for trying to calm the storm on my own.  Help me to remember that you are always there with me, just waiting for me to come get you and ask you to take care of things.  Calm the storms of my life right now.  Help me to have the strength to do the things that are asked of me and to be the best teacher that I can be.  Thank you for always being there for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment