Thursday, October 25, 2012

10/16/12 - Luke 11

S - Luke 11:9 - "And I tell you, ask and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock and it will be opened to you.  10 For everyone who asks receives, and the one who seeks finds, and to the one who knocks it will be opened.  11 What father among you, if his son asks for an fish, will instead of a fish give him a serpent;  12 or if he asks for an egg, will give him a scorpion?  13 If you then, who are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will the heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to those who ask him!"

O - My child whom I love, today I want to tell you . . . ask of me what you will.  I know what you want, but I want more than anything to hear you ask for it.  Just as you, as a father, love it when your children come to you for help or for advice, I love to hear you come and ask for the things that you wand and need.  I want to take care of you but, even more, I want you to want me and to need me.  It means so much when you get down on your knees and cry out to me for help.  And remember, I will always be there for you when you call on me.

A - I must remember that, not only does God want to take care of me, but he wants me to want him.  He wants me to need him.  When I get to the point that I need him so much that I am down on my knees crying out to him, then he will definitely hear me and answer my prayers.  But if I would just call on him continually throughout the day I would probably not get to that point.

P - Heavenly Father, forgive me for the times when I forget to call on you.  Forgive me for the times when I try to go it alone.  Remind me that you want me to call out to you on a regular basis so that you can answer my prayers.   Help me to remember to thank you for those times when you rescued me and to ask for the things that I need, even though I know that you already know what I need.

No comments:

Post a Comment