Sunday, October 21, 2012

10/10/12 - Matthew 8; Mark 2


S - Matthew 8:18 - Now when Jesus saw a crowd around him, he gave orders to go over to the other side.  19 And a scribe came up and said to him, "Teacher, I will follow you wherever you go."  20 And Jesus said to him, "Foxes have holes, and birds of the air have nests, but the Son of Man has nowhere to lay his head."  21 Another of the disciples said to him, "Lord, let me first go and bury my father."  22 And Jesus said to him, "Follow me, leave the dead to bury their own dead."
Mark 2:13 - He went our again beside the sea, and all the crowd was coming to him, and he was teaching them.  14 And as he passed by, he saw Levi the son of Alphaeus sitting at the tax booth, and he said to him, "Follow me."  And he rose and followed him.

O - My child whom I love, today I want to tell you . . . the cost of following me is high.  You must give up everything that you hold dear.  If I am not worth more than all of that, then you do not love me enough to be one of my disciples.  When I called my disciples on earth, they gave up everything to follow me, and it cost them everything in the end.  Each one was committed to me enough to die for me.  Are you willing to give up just a fraction of what they did.  You probably will not have to die for me, but you will suffer the humiliation of being called names, of being ridiculed, possibly of being hated.  Are you tough enough to stand up for me in those situations.  If you are, then, "Follow me."

A - I must be willing to follow the Lord my God in every situation.  I must be willing to admit, proudly, to anyone who asks, that I am a follower of Jesus Christ.  I must be willing to bow my head and pray in public, now matter what it costs me.  I must be willing to die for my Lord.

P - Heavenly Father, forgive me for the times when I have denied you.  Forgive me for the times when I did not have the strength to stand up for you, and I should have.  Help me to be willing to do what ever it takes to be a disciple of yours.  I commit my life to you and ask that you use me in any way that you want.  I want to serve you with my entire life.

No comments:

Post a Comment